Amplify operates on the principle that your data belongs to you. You are not transferring the ownership of data about you or your clients by storing it through the use of the Services, notwithstanding any conflict in policy of third-party systems which comprise the Services. Your clients remain your own, and the data that you store therein belongs to you.
We utilize the data in your individual Amplify account to assist you with support requests, troubleshoot problems, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the Services. In addition, we utilize aggregated data across the entire Amplify platform to improve its effectiveness, develop insights, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the system.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you Provide. When you establish an account with Amplify, we ask you for personal information, which may include your name, address, email address, phone numbers and other personal information provided by you. We use the data you enter to provide the Services to you and develop personalization of the Services. We also analyze all of our customer data in aggregate to understand more about the average Amplify user.
- Contact Information. You may be asked for your email address or other personal contact information, which we will not share or sell to third parties.
- Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record certain information in an industry-standard way. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. We use logs to improve the quality of our Services, debug problems, and track user trends.
- User Communications. Any messages, email or communications that you send to Amplify may be retained so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests or improve the quality of our Services. We may use your email address and other personal contact information to communicate with you about our Services.
- Aggregated/Anonymous Information. Amplify may also collect user information on an aggregate or anonymous basis, which shall not personally identify you, and disclose the aggregate or anonymous data to prospective partners or other outside parties for their use. Amplify may also use this aggregate or anonymous information for various other business purposes, including without limitation, the creation and sale of other products to our customers and potential customers. This aggregate or anonymous information is not traceable to any particular user and will not be marketed or sold by Amplify as a means for a third party to contact you.
Amplify processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America, and may do so in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information outside your own country.
Amplify only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our company in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any confidential personal information.
- You integrate your Amplify account with a third party service or technology, which would have the effect of granting that service access to your confidential data via our API.
- You are an enterprise customer or partner, have contributed confidential holdings or securities data to the Amplify Services, and have provided a mapping of your advisor’s rep codes or other identifiers to their email addresses. In that case, we will only share your confidential data as requested with those advisors.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm or damages to the rights, property or safety of Amplify, its users or the public as required or permitted by law. If Amplify is ordered by a legal process or government to provide data about one or more individual users, we will notify those users of our compliance with that order, to the extent permitted by law.
Deleting Your Information
Amplify believes that your data belongs to you, and therefore you may delete your account and its related data at any time that you choose. To request that your account be deleted, please contact us at [email protected]. Because of the way we maintain the Services to protect the integrity of your data, residual copies may take a period of time before they are completely erased, and your data may remain in our backup systems, or in the backup systems of underlying or affiliated service providers. However, our systems are architected so that your data will drop out of active use for all of the uses that we described above.
This document was last updated on February 18, 2020